The Education Council consists of 6 members with different backgrounds and expertise that provide diversity and balance to the Genesis University system:
The Education Council consists of six members with different backgrounds and expertise that provide diversity and balance to the Genesis University system. The Education Council includes the following members:
- David Peterson, Chairman Trade Representation: Engineering
- Skip Phillips, Vice Chairman Trade Representation: Construction
- Brian Van Bower, Member: Business
- William Drakeley, Member: Construction
- Kate Wiseman, Member: Landscape Architecture
- Helena Arahuete, Member: Architecture
- Seek the needs and wants of the students.
- Conceive new, innovative, and relevant programs for the students.
- Identify new and evaluate existing instructors.
- Guide and/or review the development of the programs.
- Schedule programs.
- Direct the strategies and programs of the Genesis University system.
- Maintain accreditations.
- Define certification requirements.
- Develop and refine the catalog and brochure to better aid the students in envisioning their education “path.”
- Raise the credibility of the Genesis University system.
- Retain existing student base.
- Attract new students.
- Increase annual attendance by 10% in 2016-2017.
- Shorten the duration required to obtain certifications.
- Develop certifications that will enhance the ability for our members to be a value to other design professionals.
- All Council Members report to the Education Council Chairman.
- All Members have equal voting rights. In the event that an Education Council vote results in an equally split decision, the final decision rests with the Education Council Chairman.
- All changes within the Genesis University system must be approved by the Education Council Chairman.
- All Members are encouraged to present new ideas and assist with the roles and goals above.