CONSTRUCTION 424: Waterproofing
- Review definitions, clarify terminology and identify critical elements of successful waterproofing applications.
- Identify applicable codes, standards, guidelines, and best practices for the waterproofing and finishes industry.
- Review specific processes that are guaranteed to create failures with either the waterproofing or the finishes.
- Explain liabilities, warranties, risk, and what can be expected, regarding support, for various installation types.
- Identify items that could be researched and developed by industry stakeholders to advance the industry and reduce liability for builders.
Watertight vessels are paramount to successful watershapes that endure harsh environments through the test of time. Waterproofing has become more challenging as projects become increasingly more complicated, and the solutions are not always easily implemented. This seminar will examine various trades within waterproofing and finishes, explain challenges, concerns, and identify potential solutions.
0.1 IACET CEUs
Director of Technical Services of Lunada Bay Tile
Harbor City, CA
Ken Milbery is Director of Technical Services for Lunada Bay Tile, a glass tile manufacturer in Southern California. Prior to his current position, he worked for National Pool Tile as a Building Material Specialist. He is highly regarded as one of the pool industries top specialist in waterproofing, glass tile installation systems and building material technologies. Ken worked alongside the elite luxury pool contractors in Los Angeles and surrounding areas for more than 15 years. Ken continues to share his extensive knowledge through training, seminars, and industry trade shows around the country. A former Masonry contractor, he has 25+ years of combined experience in the pool industry.