GENESIS® and Pool & Hot Tub Alliance
Virtual Course Offerings
Date/Time:June 8, 10, 15, 17 (7pm – 10:30pm Eastern Time)
Hours:14 hours of Online Lecture | 16 hours of Formal Education, including student homework.
CEUs:1.4 IACET CEUs
Cost:Member $1,790.00 / Non-Member $1,990.00
Registration Link:Click here to Register
- List light, vision, and color physics, color theory, primary colors, mixing, blends, color wheel.
- Discuss color psychology, how color affects the viewer, influences of color and texture on purchasing decisions.
- Understand the makeup of a color DNA and the ability to reproduce and match colors.
- Understand the meaning of the color illusion and work through case studies analyzing how color can make or break the design concept.
Looking through a magazine of pools, it is easy to find well-conceived plans that failed to unify the design with proper material and color selections. Color is one of our basic means of communication and it influences our emotions so it must be understood and controlled. This program introduces the basic dynamics of color, its principles, fundamentals, its psychology, and how to apply the science to project design.
Director of Design & Marketing for Lunada Bay Tile
Harbor City, CA
- B.A. Interior Design, San Francisco State University
- MA family and consumer sciences
- Advanced graduate work and research in Color Theory and Color Psychology
- Professional Interior Designer
Feras Irikat is the director of design and marketing for Lunada Bay Tile, a leader in the design and production of handcrafted glass, stone, metal, wood and ceramic tiles. Regarded as an innovator in the design industry, he is a multi-dimensional marketing and branding professional with a talent to build strong teams and brand visibility in a variety of markets. Irikat holds a bachelor's degree in interior design and a master's degree in family and consumer sciences from San Francisco State University where he also did advanced graduate work and research in color theory and color psychology. He has taught color theory, applications and psychology at SFSU, U.C. Santa Cruz extension, West Valley College, and at design seminars around the world.